The following crimes were committed in Nanaimo between September 19th and October 1st
Unsolved crimes September 19th to October 1st
1. Nanaimo file # 2016-32684 Over the past two weeks there have been a number of gas thefts from trucks and vehicles parked overnight at the Parkway Driving Academy, located at 4376 Boban Drive. On one occasion, 17 jerry cans were taken from a parked semi-trailer, then used to siphon gas from other vehicles.
2. Nanaimo file # 2016-31324 Sometime overnight on Monday September 19th, a break and enter was reported at the Lantzville Fire Dept., located at the intersection of Superior Road and Highway 19. The door knob to the rear apparatus door had been broken off and entry was gained, but it did not appear anything was taken.
3. Nanaimo file # 2016-31498 On Tuesday September 20th, between 12 pm and 3 pm, a home in the 1200 block of College Drive was broken into. Entry was gained through a rear bathroom window. Taken was less than $100 dollars in Canadian currency, a laptop, I pad, some jewellery and two chicken dinner food trays.
4. Nanaimo file # 2016-31480 On Tuesday September 20th, a male was going door to door on Cowling Place selling SPCA raffle tickets. The tickets were later confirmed as fraudulent and the male was identified. Home owners need to be vigilant when dealing with door to door canvassers. Legitimate canvassers will have a legible ID tag issued by the organization they represent, and they will be able to and willing to answer any questions raised.
5. Nanaimo file # 2016-31570 On Wednesday September 21st, a theft from a boat was reported on Southside Drive. The owner told police the hydraulic lines were cut to the kicker engine and several down riggers and a GPS unit were taken.
6. Nanaimo file # 2016-31738 On Thursday September 22nd, a break and enter was reported to a home in the 3100 block of Robin Hood Drive. The break in occurred between Sunday September 18th, and Thursday September 22nd. Entry was gained through the rear glass sliding door. The house had been ransacked and taken was a Wii-U and PS-4, along with 15 games.
7. Nanaimo file # 2016-31824 On Friday September 23rd, a bicycle was stolen from the parking lot of the Ramada Inn, located at 315 Rosehill St. The bike is a silver James Helix, women's hard tail with a blue bell on the handlebars. Witnesses told police they saw a male at 7:15 am riding off with the bike. The male was last seen wearing blue coveralls and a high visibility safety vest.
8. Nanaimo file # 2016-32178 On Monday September 26th, at 12:33 an alarm was activated at Georgia Ave school. A lock plate mounted on an exterior door had been pried open and entry gained. Various cupboards were opened but it did not appear anything was taken.
9. Nanaimo file # 2016-31351 Sometime overnight on Tuesday September 27th, a 1997 Subaru Outback vehicle parked in front of Anchor Way was broken into. Taken was a blue men's 2007 Norco 61, 16 speed downhill mountain bike. Also taken was a black suitcase style packsack with a Dji Inspire drone with a white top, black arms and propeller, 2 black I-pad mini's and an orange and white Petzl climbing harness.
10. Nanaimo file # 2016-32367 On Tuesday September 27th, between 6:15 am and 3 pm a home in the 3500 block of Hillside Ave was broken into. A ground level window screen window had been removed allowing for entry. Taken was cash and a red velvet jewelry box.