The following crimes remained unsolved in Nanaimo.
Unsolved crimes Feb 10th to February 19th
1. Nanaimo file # 2016-4203 On Thursday February 11th, a male stole a white Samsung Galaxy E tablet from The Source, located at 3200 Island Highway. The male picked up the tablet from a display table and ran out the front door with it. He is described as white, 20-30 years of age, wearing all black and with a black baseball cap. The sweater worn by the male appeared to have a monster head with its mouth open over much of the back of the sweater.
2. Nanaimo file # 2016-4222 Sometime overnight on Thursday February 11th, someone entered an unlocked shop at 2540 Elk Trails Way and stole the complainants truck keys, cell phone and glasses. The truck keys were then used to access his truck and take the garage door opener.
3. Nanaimo file # 2016-4283 On Friday February 12th a shed, greenhouse and grey Dodge Pickup, located at the rear of a home in the 500 block of Kennedy St, were broken into. The rear slider window on the truck had been smashed out and some items were missing which included a yellow Stab-ilia digital level, some small change and 4 Nickelback CD’s.
4. Nanaimo file # 2016-4318 On Thursday February 12th, a 9.9 hp Mercury outboard motor was stolen from a boat, in for repairs at AOK Repair located a 1520 Stewart Ave. The boat was stored in a secure compound and a hole in the fence was found in the morning near the boat. The suspect left behind some nuts and bolts that held the motor to the boat.
5. Nanaimo file # 2016-4708 Sometime overnight on Tuesday February 16th, the University Bookstore was broken into and approximately $20,000 in portable electronics were stolen. The suspects gained entry to the business through an air vent that lead to an adjacent insecure public utility hallway. Taken were 19 tablet/laptops and a number of Go Pro cameras and accessories.
6. Nanaimo file # 2016-4892 On Wednesday February 17th, a mountain bike was reported stolen from the corner of University Crescent and 4th St. The bike is a 21 speed green/white Norco, with a black seat and black and grey shocks.
7. Nanaimo file # 2016-4918 On Thursday February 18th, a mountain bike was stolen the front porch of a home located at 6148 Cedar Grove. The bike is a silver Supercycle, 29er, with a men's frame.
8. Nanaimo file # 2016-4937 Sometime overnight on Thursday February 18th, an unknown person entered an insecure garage to a home in the 200 block of Tahoe Drive. The garage door was open about 6 inches and it appears someone crawled underneath and into the garage. Taken was a mahogany box that contained two watches and a ring of Illes. One of the watches was a Perry Ellis analog while the other was a brown stainless steel with a tan brown wrist band. The ring was a 10K gold with as square middle and small diamond inside the middle of the square.
9. Nanaimo file # 2016-5094 On Friday February 19th, a watch was reported missing from the Nanaimo Museum. The watch is described as having a chain with an inscription that reads "presented to Robert D Nelson, 72, battalion by Atlin and Discovery friends as a mark of esteem for his services in the Great War April 1920".
10. Nanaimo file # 2016-5124 Sometime on Friday February 20th, almost 600 litres of diesel oil was stolen from a tank located at 457 Blythe Ave. The homeowner believes the oil was taken between Feb 5th and February 9th