If you have any information on the following crimes, please contact the Nanaimo RCMP at 250-754-2345 quoting the file # or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477. You can also submit your TIP on line at www.nanaimocrimestoppers.com
1. Nanaimo file # 2014-25532 On Wednesday September 10th an apartment located at 3185 Barons Rd was broken into. The break in took place between 9:15 am and 5:30 pm. The front door was kicked in and taken was a 40 inch Samsung Smart TV, serial # BN68-04027a-03
2. Nanaimo file # 2014-25541 On Wednesday September 10th a bike was taken from in front of the Dollarama at the Port Place Mall. The owner was in the CIBC and when he returned he saw a First Nations male, wearing orange plaid shorts and a dark hoodie, riding off with the bike in the direction of the Port Theatre. The bike is a black and white Cannodale with black spokes on the rear, and silver spokes on the front.
3. Nanaimo file # 2014-25515 On Wednesday September 10th a home in the 2100 block of Walsh Rd was broken into. Taken was an Ipod(later recovered), 3DS Nintendo, Camelback pack, 10 collector knives, and a remote control car.
4. Nanaimo file # 2014-25632 On Thursday September 11th a worker doing landscaping in the 2400 block of Kenworth Rd, had his packsack taken.The pack is orange and black and contained his Iphone 5, keys and personal ID.
5. Nanaimo file # 2014-25589 On Thursday September 11th several incidents of vandalism were reported to rental vehicles at National Car and Truck sales, located at 1602 Northfield Rd. On two separate occasions, vehicles had gas lines cut and their tanks drained of gasoline.
6. Nanaimo file # 2014-25715 On Friday September 12th at approximately 8:50 am on Needham St/Centre St, a male exposed himself to a passing female motorist. As she drove by, the male dropped his pants and exposed himself to her. The suspect was last seen walking north bound on Centre St. The male is black, approximately 5 ft. 6 tall, stocky build with thick dark wavy hair shaved above the ears. He was wearing a black leather jacket and black nylon sport shorts.
7. Nanaimo file # 2014-26085 On Monday September 15th an industrial leaf blower was taken from Long Lake Nursery, located at 4900 Island Highway North. The theft may have occurred within the past two weeks. The blower is a BR-600 Stihl backpack blower with serial # 281157961
8. Nanaimo file # 2014-26257 On Tuesday September 16th a break and enter was reported at Unit 266 of the Harborview Motel, located at 809 Island Highway South. Taken was a 17 inch Toshiba laptop, along with a black leather jacket with the logo “Lakeland Rodeo Association" on the back.
9. Nanaimo file # 2014-26547 On Friday September 19th a lock was broken off a piano donated to the Diana Krall plaza. The lock had been placed on the piano to prevent persons from playing it at all hours. Approximately $200 damage was done to the piano.
10. Nanaimo file # 2014-26697 On Saturday September 21st a theft was reported to a boat stored on a lot at the corner of Jingle Pot Rd and East Wellington Rd. The theft occurred between September 18th and the 21st. Taken from the 23 foot Campion, were 3 downriggers, an Islander MR3 reel, various rod/reel combinations, and an Infinity 10 inch Sub and Alpine amp.