1. Nanaimo file # 2014-17229 On Wednesday July 1st at approximately 11 PM a male was robbed of his Ipod touch. The incident occurred at the University Mall, near Starbuck’s coffee shop. The victim was on foot when approached by a white male who told him he had a knife. He then demanded the victim turn over his wallet. He hesitated and the suspect grabbed the victim’s packsack then took his Ipod touch. The Ipod has a Mickey Mouse sticker on it and was in a bright blue case.
2. Nanaimo file # 2014-18123 On Thursday July 10th a dirt bike was stolen from a locked compound at 1595 Bowen Rd. It is believed that between the hours of 10 PM and 5 AM, someone used a pry bar to pry off the lock and chain to the door frame of the compound. The bike is a red 2007 Honda 70cc dirt bike.
3. Nanaimo file #20124-18165 On Thursday July 10th at approximately 4:30 PM a male exposed himself to a female as she walked along Vancouver Ave. The female was walking home from work and when she passed 261 Vancouver Ave, a male turned towards her and exposed himself. He then ran up the driveway but was not seen entering the home. The suspect is white, he has short brown hair, is 6 foot and has a medium build. He was in his late 20’s to early 30’s and wore black pants and a black t-shirt.
4. Nanaimo file #2014-18276 On Friday July 14th a break and enter occurred at an apartment building located at 335 Millstone Ave. The break in took place between 7 Am and 7 PM and entry was made through a sliding glass window off the porch. The suspects exited through the main door. Taken was a black 27” Acer LG E500 laptop.
5. Nanaimo file # 2014-18432 On Sunday July 13th at approximately 1:45AM a rock was dropped from the Dunster Rd overpass, onto a north bound driving pick up. Fortunately the driver of the black pick up was not injured but the windshield was cracked by the rocks. A later report was received of three youths wearing white being in the area. Patrols were made but the youths were not located.
6. Nanaimo file # 2014-18461 On Sunday July 13th at 4 PM a possible arson was reported at an Island Timberlands property, located off of Harewood Mines Road, near the power lines. The affected area measured 500 feet by 700 feet and there were signs an accelerant was used. The fire was extinguished by motorists who passed by.
7. Nanaimo file # 2014-18450 On Sunday July 13th a red Ford Bronco parked in the 2700 block of Country Club Drive was broken into. Taken was a pair of Bushnell binoculars, a towing wiring harness, and an original paper $5 dollar bill, Rayban sunglasses and a small one inch brass knob, with three fish imprinted on it.
8. On Monday July 14th it was reported a mountain bike had been stolen on July 11th from inside the parkade at Pacifica condos on Front St . The bike is a grey specialized Stump jumper.
9. On Monday July 14th Central Drugs located on Campbell St was broken into. An alarm was triggered at 05:18 AM. Once inside the building suspects pushed over a Coke fridge and took a small quantity of Gabapentin pills.
10. On Monday July 14th at 3:30 AM a report was received of three youths with flashlights, near the 7-11 on Dover Rd, checking door knobs to parked vehicles. When members attended the youths ran and were not located. Six vehicles were later found to have been entered and all six were unlocked.