The following are crimes that remain unsolved in Nanaimo and need the public's assistance in solving.
1. On February 17, 2014 around 2AM three vehicles had their windows smashed out on Franklyn St. Several items were recovered in the area that were stolen from the vehicles. File 2014-4119
2. ‘My Undies’ business on Fitzwilliam St was broken into after the front window was smashed sometime overnight to February 17th. A number of items were stolen including a foam mannequin torso, blond wig, 2 necklaces, 2 camisoles and 2 bras. File 2014-4128
3. A green 1994 Jeep Cherokee Limited Edition with gold trim, British Columbia License plate 279SVW was stolen from Prideaux St overnight to February 17th. The vehicle was seen by a witness on Oliver Road at approximately 7:15AM however it is not known where the vehicle went after this time. File 2014-4132
4. A blue Norco Wolverine 15 speed mountain bike, serial #JAF0014710 was stolen from a backyard on Northfield Road on February 17, 2014. File 2014-4148
5. On February 17, 2014, the Nanaimo Immigrant Welcome Centre reported damage to
the locks on two plastic storage sheds in the fenced play yard at the rear of the business sometime over the weekend. One of the small modular sheds was forced open and a pop-up shelter tent, 4 folding lawn chairs, and some Christmas ornaments were stolen.
6. On February 18, 2014, 2 males were observed exiting a small green low profile Honda vehicle near Stirling Ave. The males returned a short time later with 4 jerry cans of gasoline and they left the area. It is believed that the males stole the gas however few details have surfaced and Nanaimo RCMP are looking for further information. File 2014-4205
7. Sometime overnight to February 18, 2014:-
-A blue Ipod Nano, a silver bracelet with a heart on it and change were taken from a Mazda 3 Sport on Sun Valley Dr. File 2014-4210
-A silver Ipod Shuffle and change were taken from a Hyundi Santa Fe on Mountain Vista. File 2014-4221
-A Mastercraft socket set in black plastic, screwdrivers and a battery charger were taken from a vehicle on Commercial St. File 2014-4238
-The K & M Thrift store on Crace St had their sandwich board stolen overnight. The board is red sign 4.5' X 2.5' with the store's name in white and blue lettering.
8. Overnight to February 19, 2014 a F150 truck was broken into on Stampede Trail. Items stolen include a tool bag with tools, a tackle box with tools and an expensive infrared camera (FLIR).
9. Around 4:20am on February 20th, 2014, Fas Gas on Terminal Ave was broken into and cigarettes stolen. A white male, wearing a black jacket, dark pants, a black toque, and heavy gloves was observed committing the crime. File 2014-4389