The following are crimes that remain unsolved in Nanaimo and need the public's assistance in solving.
1. A bike was stolen from Port Place Mall overnight on January 10th, 2010. The mountain bike is a dark orange 22 inch frame, 2005 or ’06 Norco with a BMX seat, black tire rims and black front shocks. Nanaimo file 2014-834
2. After the Jolly Miner Pub on Haliburton Street closed on January 11, 2014, a break and enter occurred during which liquor bottles and cash were stolen, as well as damage to the interior of the business was caused. A white vehicle, possibly a Jeep Cherokee, was associated to the break and enter. Nanaimo file #2014-933
3. Sometime during the day on January 11, 2014 an orange Giovoni 250CC Motorbike was stolen from a carport on 6th St. Nanaimo file #2014-943
4. January 11th, 2014 in the wee hours, a grey FORD F-350 with BC license plate BL5455 was stolen from a residence on Beaver Creek Cres. Nanaimo file #2014-920
5. Nanaimo RCMP received reports of vehicle fuel siphoned from several vehicles overnight from Saturday, January 11th, 2014 on Rosehill Street. An additional report of was also received on January 15th, 2014 from vehicles in a compound on 10th Street. Nanaimo files 2014-1243
6. Sometime after the morning of January 11th, 2014, a blue 2001 Ford F350 with BC license plate 7872PR was stolen from a loading bay at Woodgrove Mall. The truck had Woodgrove mall stickers on both doors and hardware for a plow on the front at the time it was stolen. Nanaimo file #2014-1067
7. In the beginning of December last year, a residence on Uplands Drive in Nanaimo was broken into while the owner was away. The suspects pried open the back kitchen door to gain entry and 7 firearms were stolen. “We are eager to recover the firearms before they are widely disseminated and get into the wrong hands” states Cst Alexa BLACKLOCK of the Nanaimo RCMP. Nanaimo file #2013-32199
8. In the early evening of January 15th, 2014 a residence on East Wellington Road was broken into and a black Samsung Galaxy Tablet was stolen. Nanaimo file 2014-1288
9. On January 15th, 2014 in the early morning, Slegg Lumber was broken into in Lantzville after suspects pried open the side lower doors. Numerous Bostitch brand air compressors were stolen valued at $5000. Nanaimo file 2014-1227
10. A fire-engine RED 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee, BC License plate 685NMW was stolen from a residence on Park Ave on January 15th before 3 AM. Nanaimo file 2014-1226
11. Sometime overnight on January 15th numerous vehicle were entered and items stolen as follows:
- Three vehicles were entered on Hammond Bay Road and a $400 first aid kit stolen Nanaimo file 2014-1235
- A VW Passat on Rockridge Place was entered and a orange Garmin 310XT GPS Watch serial number 1GM503144 ($250), a black Diamond headlamp ($100), and a Maui Jim polarized sunglasses ($200) were stolen. Nanaimo file 2014-1240
- A Mazda vehicle on Monterey Dr was accessed and a Garmin GPS unit, gloves and a garage door opener were taken. File 2014-1248
- Stolen from a Nissan Xterra on Rosehill St was a Garmin GPS until and other small items. Nanaimo file 2014-1266
- Two Ford vehicles on Whiltshire Dr were entered and spare change removed. File 2014-1278
- Two vehicles were entered on Lost Lake Road and stolen iPhone 3, Pioneer Car Stereo and electrical tools resulted. Nanaimo file 2014-1244.
“Just a reminder that criminals often target property with the lease resistance and a locked door is sometimes enough of a deterrent to have them move on. Don’t leave anything in plain view and the best rule of thumb is to remove everything valuable from the vehicle altogether.” reminds Cst. Alexa Blacklock of the Nanaimo RCMP.
12. Also overnight on January 15th, a 2010 red Ford Ranger, BC license plate CE6822 was stolen from a driveway on Lost Lake Road. Nanaimo file 2014-1245.